Carlow University and Sto-Rox School District have partnered to offer scholarships to individuals within the Sto-Rox School District Community to diversify the teaching and paraprofessional staff at SRSD. Carlow is now accepting candidates for their full academic scholarships, cost of living stipends, and academic supplies for SRSD students, SRSD paraprofessionals, and SRSD professional staff to pursue teaching certification (or further their degrees) and return service to SRSD.
This opportunity is open to students, current staff and community members....please spread the word.....Carlow Univ. is eager to start and kick off this program with SRSD as their partner. Contact Mr. Dalmas at [email protected]
for additional information.
Working with an economically under-resourced school district serving diverse students, funding will provide scholarship monies, student teaching stipends, and supports for BIPOC individuals employed within the district or engaged in the community. Serving diverse students, funding will provide scholarship monies, student teaching stipends, and additional supports including technology and certification exam fees. Individuals from Sto-Rox may work as office personnel, teaching assistants, coaches, paraprofessionals, school resource officers, or behavioral support technicians. A current partnership between Carlow and Sto-Rox School District has been cemented, in which Sto-Rox will provide continuing full-time employment throughout the length of the program for BIPOC individuals working in the school district and/or community with either an AA/AS or BA/BS college degree but no teaching certification:
- For those with four-year degrees, the MEd pathway provides a full scholarship with supports leading to teacher certification with a master’s degree.
- For those with some undergraduate college, or an associate degree, the transfer pathway provides a special adult tuition rate, full scholarship and support and evening/online classes for FT workers.
- Other BIPOC community members from around Pittsburgh may also complete the MEd and initial teacher certification with some of the practicum experiences at Sto-Rox School District.
Full Project Features
- MEd Scholarships for initial teaching certification in one of these fields: Early Childhood, Reading Specialist, Special Education, Art Education, or Secondary Education.
- Transfer Undergraduate Scholarships over two years of the program for those adult students with a two-year AA or AS degree.
- Graduate Assistant/Instructional Support Coach for all participants.
- Student Teaching Stipends
Textbooks/Technology/Certification Exam costs provided.