February 24, 2020
This is a presentation by Dollar Bank for EITC funding that was allocated to Sto-Rox Jr/Sr High School.
Mr. Jeffrey Robol and Mr. Tim Ayersman from Dollar Bank presented Mr. Scott Albert with a check that provides Sto-Rox Jr/Sr High School the opportunity to participate in the U Can B Program.
Mr. Albert provides guest speakers to Mrs. Marshall's Career and Entrepreneurship classes as well as walks them through several online activities to enhance their career and academic research.
Pictured above is Scott Albert, Jeffrey Robol, Tim Ayersman, Dawn Marshall and State Rep Anita Kulik.
Entrepreneurs and businesspeople, along with the non-profit organization Building Bridges for Business, are giving local students the chance to see what life is like after high school and college.
The U can B Curriculum is tailored to meet our school’s needs, and allows each curriculum component to be expanded or contracted to fit within a specific number of weeks based on the strengths and weaknesses of the class. Classes included in the U can B curriculum include:
- Trades and Careers in the Trades
- Technology – Website design and SEO
- Technology – Careers in IT and web design
- Technology – Graphic Design and Animation
- Film, Television and New Media
- Science – Green and Sustainable practices and careers
- Science – Veterinarian Study and Animal Related Careers
- Science – Healthcare and Careers in Healthcare
- Government and Politics
- U can B – Career Preparation and Networking
- U can B – Soft skills and Leadership
- and More!